If you don’t agree with our policies and practices, we kindly ask you not to use our Services. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
information we collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order of slippers, for example), if you contact us directly.
information we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you visit our website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
why we need your information and how we use it
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- to send you marketing and promotional communications (if you sign up for our newsletter);
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
information sharing and disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
A cookie is a small text file that may be stored on the hard drive of your computer when you access the Site. A “session cookie” expires immediately when you end your session (i.e., close your browser). A “persistent cookie” stores information on the hard drive so when you end your session and return to the same website at a later date, the cookie information is still available. When you visit our website, we may use both a session and a persistent cookie. These cookies may contain information (such as a unique user ID) that is used to track your usage of our website.
facebook tracking pixel
We may use Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel. This tool allows us to understand and deliver ads and make them more relevant to you. The collected data remains anonymous to us and we cannot see the personal data of any individual user.
We also use Google Analytics to study the browsing behaviour of visitors to this site. This is a website analytics service provided by Google Inc. Google Analytics collects information on an anonymous basis, such as the number of visitors to this site, their country, region and city of origin, the type of browser and operating system they are using, the date, time and duration of visits, the pages consulted, and what other websites they visited prior to coming to this site. Our use of Google Analytics includes the Demographics and Interest Reporting component.
transfers of personal information outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
how to contact us
For purposes of EU data protection law, we, MadeByBears; Studio LIST, d.o.o., Celje, are the data controllers of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail us at:
Studio LIST, d.o.o., Celje